Sweet potato fritters: presentation
Today I bring you this recipe of potato fritters from my husband’s family. They were made by Grandmother Paula and, thanks to Montse having passed the recipe and that Cristina has given me all the instructions on how to prepare them, doing them has been the sea of simple. I had heard a lot about these fritters and finally, they are already part of my recipe book. I assure you that they are exquisite.
- 1 kg cooked potato
- 6 eggs
- 700 g flour
- 500 g of sugar
- 16 g chemical yeast or baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 100 ml of aniseed (liquor)
- Juice of a lemon
Sweet potato fritters: recipe preparation
- In a pot with plenty of water, cook the potatoes washed and with the skin. When you can easily punch them with a fork, the potatoes will be ready. This can take from half an hour to three quarters of an hour, depending on the size of the potatoes. Let them cool down. You can cook them also peeled and cut.
- Remove the skin and all the spots from the potatoes. They are removed very easily.
- Pass the potatoes for a passport or apply with a fork.
- Place the eggs in a large bowl and mix well. Incorporate the potato and mix until a homogeneous mass is obtained. You see, I used the electric rods because they make the job a lot easier.
- Add the lemon juice through a strainer and anise.
- Take a few tablespoons of flour and mix with the chemical yeast (baking powder) and baking soda.
- Incorporate the sugar to the mass (in the video I put it later, but better to put it first). Add the flour with yeast and bicarbonate to the dough through a sieve. Slowly add the flour and mixing with the spoon. The amount of flour is orientative, note the texture of the dough in the video. You may need something more or maybe a little less, but 700 grams is the measure I have used myself. When the dough has a thick consistency, but is still very sticky, you already have it ready to fry.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to fry the fritters. Donuts should bloom, do not skimp on oil. Take a serving of dough with a spoon and let it fall into the hot oil with the help of another spoon. Place one by one the sweet potato fritters taking care that they are well separated because they are going to grow a lot when frying. When they brown, turn them around. Many will turn around alone and without help.
- When golden, remove them to a plate with absorbent paper. You can pass them for sugar if you prefer.
- When you have them all fried can already be eaten warm, alone or with a chocolate to the cup. You can open them and add a tablespoon of custard (recipe here).
You may also like to read : Quit Smoking with Electronic Cigarettes
If you like sweet fritters, I leave you the recipe of the fritters here.
As in this recipe come many fritters, once cold, you can store them in a closed plastic bag. The next day, you heat them a little in the microwave and they will be the same as the first day. If you want to coat the sugar once it is cold (the sugar does not stick unless it is freshly removed from the fire), melt a little butter on a plate and pass the fritters over the butter and then the sugar. Just stain the surface of butter, do not get wet. Surely you’ll be perfect!