Carrot Cookies biscuits are a simple and uncomplicated dish that any hostess can handle.
For the first time, people learned about carrot cookies in Persia, where tasty pastries of pleasant orange color were used to treat the most important guests.
In the Renaissance, the recipe for carrot cookies was kept in the strictest secrecy – they could only eat the chosen ones.
Today, cookies with a popular vegetable are prepared and eaten in many countries around the world, however, baking is called differently everywhere.
Not sure how to bake crispy and fresh carrot cookies? We recommend using useful tips and today to please your loved ones with tasty and fresh cookies.
Now, when uninvited guests appear on the doorstep, you can always think of ways to treat them.
What are useful carrot cookies for children?
Since carrot cookies are made only from natural ingredients, it can be eaten even for small children. It is not only very tasty but also a healthy dish containing vitamins B and D, which are indispensable for the human body, fiber, keratin. The taste of the pastry is somewhat similar to the already familiar all oatmeal cookies, has a delicate brittle structure and just melts in your mouth.
- Nutritional value per 100 gr. product:
- caloric content – 304 kcal;
- fat – 9 grams;
- proteins – 5 grams;
- Carbohydrates – 51 gr.
Even with the frequent use of carrot cookies, those extra pounds do not threaten you. This is an excellent choice for those who limit themselves in nutrition and cannot eat a lot of sweet.
How to make simple carrot cookies?
To prepare a tasty treat for your family, you will need a minimum of time and a set of basic products:
- Carrots – 2-3 pcs .;
- Flour – 1 standard cup 200-250g. It is better to take corn or wheat of the highest grade;
- Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp. l .;
- sugar – 3 tbsp. l;
- baking powder test- 1 Tsp
- 100 g spread or butter.
Recipe carrot biscuits step by step:
- Grate the carrot, previously washed and peeled, on a fine grater.
- Add baking powder, sugar, vegetable oil, vanillin to taste and desire to carrots. All should be thoroughly mixed.
- Prepare the flour, sifting it well through a sieve and add, stirring carefully, to the mass.
- Knead the dough well, but remember that it should not be steep and may stick slightly to your hands.
- Cover the baking sheet with permanent paper and place balls on them, which very soon turn into a tasty and healthy cookie. To bake well baked, give it a slightly flattened shape. Consider that the cookies in the oven will increase in size, to maintain the optimal distance between future culinary delights.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes. The degree of readiness can be determined by the appearance of golden brown.
- Take out the ready-made cookies, let them cool slightly and serve to the table!
On average, the preparation of cookies will take you 30-40 minutes. From the above set of products, we get about 20 products of average size.
This is the easiest recipe for baking. If you want the dough to be more delicate in taste, cook it with milk with the addition of a few eggs or, replacing vegetable oil with butter.
Children older than three years can also be attracted to the preparation of cookies. The kid will help you to form balls and not only will interesting and fascinating his time, but also develop the motor skills of the hands.
Mistakes that can ruin your carrot cookies
Many young housewives, who do not know how to bake cookies correctly, initially use the wrong method of cooking and in the end, they get absolutely not what they wanted.
- In no case for crushing carrots do not use a blender that will turn the vegetable into a dense homogeneous mass.
- Do not knead the dough for too long, otherwise, the cookies may not work because the base is too steep.
- Cook cookies with love and everything will work out for you!
Carrot cookies can be an excellent dish, not only for a joint family tea. It can be served on a children’s birthday or another event as one of the treats. To make the cookies look more attractive and appetizing, use candied fruit, raisins, icing sugar, peanuts and jam to decorate them.
You may also like: measurements for sewing children’s clothes