Life in the summer is so much sweeter with air conditioning. Once you decide to have AC installed in your home, you’re going to need to find the right company for the job. Here are 6 tips to help you make that decision a little more easily.
- Always be sure any company you are considering has up-to-date qualifications. You will want to make sure that they not only know what they are doing in general but also that they have experience in installing the latest AC systems. This isn’t the time for “old school” methods.
- Do you “click” with the installation tech? This may seem like a small thing, but it’s actually pretty major. Remember that this person will be in your home, probably for a couple of days. If you get a bad feeling about them or feel that they aren’t trustworthy, move on to another company.
- Don’t base your choice in price. Even if you are on a budget for your AC installation Calgary residents are encouraged to base their decision on finding the best system for your needs, not your wallet. It’s worth it to spend a few extra dollars, for example, to get a programmable system that automatically turns down your AC unit in the evening and then turns it up again before you are up in the morning.
- Find a company that can work around your family’s schedule, not the other way around. There’s little doubt that having an air conditioner installed will be a temporary disruption to your family’s schedule, but you should look for a company that is willing to work around your schedule. If your spouse works nights and sleeps during certain hours, for example, you’ll need to deal with a company that will respect that.
- Choose a company that offers you the choice of more than one brand of AC unit. Some companies will push you to buy from only one brand, but that may be because they are getting a kickback from that company, not because the truly back it. A reputable company will make suggestions but they will leave the ultimate decision of which unit to choose up to you.
- Choose a company that uses reputable subcontractors. Always insist on pre-approving anyone who is slated to work on your house.
Choosing the right air conditioning installation company for your house doesn’t have to be a daunting experience. All it takes is a little bit of diligence and an understanding that a company should be willing to accommodate you, not expect you to bend to their way of doing things. If they won’t, that should be an immediate red flag that they aren’t the right choice for you. Always choose a company that will keep your needs, budget, time, schedule and preferences in mind before starting any job.